Flames sparked by a dishwasher at a Gibbes Street home were quickly extinguished this morning, according to the home's owner.
Charleston firefighters responded to the home about 7:30 a.m.
According to Charleston Fire Department spokesman Ryan Kunitzer, the homeowners attempted to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.
Firefighters arrived at the scene shortly after and successfully extinguished the fire, Kunitzer said.
The home's kitchen received minor damage in the fire.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.