- Central Carolina Corsa will be sponsoring an all-Corvair Show at the Sea Mist Resort, 1200 S. Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach. All Corvair enthusiasts and owners are invited. For further details, call Carol Harris at 803-795-9434 or Georgia Allsbrook at 803-720-1484.
- Charleston Cars & Coffee will meet weekly 8-1l a.m., in front of Atlanta Bread Co. in Mount Pleasant Towne Centre. The event takes place rain or shine. Other dates this month will be March 15, 22 and 29.
- The Goose Creek High School Service Learning class is holding a car show at Goose Creek High School. Registration starts at 10 a.m. Entry fee is $15. Classes are for years 1938 and earlier, '39-'77 and '78-present; Mustang; Corvette; sport compact; SUV; mini truck; truck; and unfinished. For more information, call PC Garvin at 843-996-9870 or Rosanna Hihnson at 843-533-5300, extension 2303.
- Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event is held the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club's website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
- Coastal Carolina Region Antique Automobile Club of America is hosting an all-day indoor car display at Citadel Mall. This has not happened with the local AACA for about 25 years. The club hopes to gain publicity for its hobby and find new club members. The goal is 30 cars; There are still a few slots available. Area car owners and club members are invited to either enter a car or just come by the display. This is a free event. Clubs are welcome to have a membership table. Participation is free, but car owners must pre-register. Vehicles should be antique (more than 25 years old) unmodified, restored, well preserved or "survivor." Arrive Saturday morning 7:30-8 a.m. Vehicles stay in place throughout the day in the mall. They can begin leaving around 9:30 pm. Anyone interested in displaying their car can e-mail 1953FordCoupe@gmail.com or call 843-860-0315. E-mail a photo of yourself so the mall can use it in advertising.
- The Palmetto region of the National Plymouth Owners Club will hold its monthly meeting at 12:30 p.m. The location's to be announced. The club welcomes all those interested in the Plymouth automobile. Contact Bob at 843-766-6391 or email email@example.com for more information.
- The Charleston and Lowcountry Automotive Club Council will meet at 7 p.m. at Sticky Fingers, 341 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Members of the car, truck and motorcycle communities are welcome to attend. Contact Rob Hanson for any questions or additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lowcountry Corvair Association will hold its monthly meeting at Teppanyaki Grill, 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. The social hour begins at 6:30 p.m. followed by a business meeting at 7:30 p.m. All Corvair owners and enthusiasts are invited to join us. Call Donn Pittman at 843-849-9007.
- Lowcountry Model A Ford Club will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at 4955 Dorchester Road, next to Melcer Tile. The club welcomes others with an interest in the Model A Ford. Visit the club's website at www.lowcountrymodelafordclub.com for more information.
- OMAR's Coastal Shrine Club will present the first "Level Field Car Show" 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the shrine club, 4296 Charleston Highway in Walterboro. Enter your daily driver, rat rod, motorcycle or trailer queen. At least nine prizes will be handed out, including best of show. Judging will be by random drawing. A $100,000 show car or a rat rod has the same odds of being best of show, thus the "level field" name. The event will be held rain or shine. A limited number of applications will be accepted. For more details, visit https://www.facebook.com/#!/OMARCoastalShrineClub, call Dane Roessler at 843-729-6982 or Ken Bachewicz at 843-509-1695 or email
- A cruise in will be held at Mid Eastern Truck Wash /Chrome Stop, located at 225 Bellinger Lane in Gaston, off Interstate 26 at exit 125. The event is billed as a chance to meet and greet with other clubs in South Carolina while viewing top-notch semi-trucks. All vehicles are welcome including cars, trucks, big wheels and bikes. The American Truck Historical Society will be bringing antique trucks from across the Southeast. Proceeds and a prize drawing will support the Special Olympics. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/mideasternchromestop.
- Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will hold its monthly meeting at Bessinger's, 1602 Savannah Highway, starting at 7:30 p.m. Anyone wishing to become a member is welcome to attend. For more information, visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
- The Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its first car show of the year 6-8:30 p.m. at O'Reilly Auto Parts, 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $10. Classes include years 1954 and earlier, '55-'65, '66-'75 and '76 to present; Corvairs; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes, plus Best in Show. The club will be accepting monetary and nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. The car show has been changed to the third Thursday of the month. For more information call Dennis at 843-200-8077.
- Coastal Carolina Corvette Club and Stall High School AFJROTC will host the Warrior Warm-Up 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Stall High, 3625 Ashley Phosphate Road in North Charleston. The car, truck and motorcycle show is free for spectators and open to the public. Registration, 9-11 a.m., is $20 per vehicle and $10 for students with a valid high school ID. Participant judging closes at 12:30 p.m. There will be 14 classes as well as awards for Best of Show, Best Paint, Best Engine and Best Rims. Trophies will be presented at the end of show. Proceeds benefit AFJROTC, helping them attend Cadet Officer Leadership School at The Citadel this summer. The event will be held rain or shine. There also will be a Latin Heritage Festival with food, music and games.
- Bessinger's Bar-B-Q will host an Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There will be three trophies per class. Categories consist of cars 1942 and earlier, '43-'59, '60-'71 and '72-2014; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. Music will be performed by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
- The Sumter Cruisers Car and Truck Show will be held in conjunction with the Striped Bass Festival in Manning. Car show registration, 9 a.m.- noon, is $20. Awards presentation will be 3 p.m. Categories include production cars through 1960, '61-'69, '70-'99 and 2000-present; production trucks through 1999 and 2000-present; modified trucks; street rods through 1948; modified cars 1949-'70, '71-'99 and 2000-present; rat rods; and special interest. Music will be provided. For more information, contact Bobby Beatson at 803-481-2124 or David Marcella at 803-481-4269 or visit www.sumtercruisers.com.
- Trident Technical College's Department of Automotive Technology will host the 22nd annual Spring Spin-Off Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. on the college's main campus at 7000 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston behind Building 800. The car, truck and motorcycle show is free for spectators and open to the public. To register, contact Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or Clint Snider at 843-574-6725. Pre-registration by April 14 is $20; event-day registration, which is $25, will take place 10-11:30 a.m. There is no rain date. In addition to the car show, there will be food, music and prizes. Trophies will be presented at the end of the event. Show proceeds benefit the W. Athell Yon Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships to Trident Tech students pursuing careers in automotive technology. The school offers an Automotive Technology associate degree that prepares students to become technicians and supervisors or managers. For more, call Varella or visit www.tridenttech.edu/3971_car_show.htm to register online.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.
Notice about comments: