- The first "Gathering" at Talbot's Mount Pleasant, sponsored by Talbot's Mount Pleasant and Annie's Bistro Francais, will take place 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at 1125 Market Center Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Patterned on spring in Paris, auto enthusiasts are encouraged to bring out their classic cars. Among the models will be a 1959 Berkeley SE 492 parked inside Talbot's. The event is free. Parking will be provided at Lowe's, behind Talbot's and in front of Annie's Bistro in designated areas. The first 50 cars to register will receive gift coupons to Talbot's Mount Pleasant and Annie's Bistro. Proceeds go to Garrett Academy of Technology Application Automotive Collision Repair Class.
- Colleton Prep Car Show & Cook Off will take place 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Colleton Prep Academy football field, 165 Academy Road in Walterboro. The family event fundraiser is open to all cars, trucks and cooks. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for ages 6-17. Ages 5 and under get in free. There are special discounts for families. Admission includes car show viewing, cook-off tasting, live entertainment and kids' zone. Car show awards consist of Mayor's Choice, Fire Chief's Choice, Sheriff's Choice and People's Choice. Show proceeds benefit Colleton Prep Academy's annual fund. For more information, contact Leah Wright at 843-538-8959 ext. 103, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the school's website at www.colletonprep.org.
- Lowcountry Muscle Car is hosting a special cruise-in at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Ladson. "Nova Night" will feature a display of Chevy Novas along with the usual diverse collection of muscle cars, hot rods and classic autos. All Novas are invited.
- Lowcountry Mopars will sponsor the March First-Sunday Cruise. All makes and models are welcome, new or old. Grab the kids and dog along with your fishing pole, and join us for a cruise to Folly Beach. Meet behind the Burger King at Festival Centre, at the corner of Dorchester and Ashley Phosphate roads. Vehicles will depart promptly at 2 p.m. heading for the "Edge of America" in convoy style cruising. Don't miss time relaxing on the pier or a late afternoon photo at the Morris Island Lighthouse.
- Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn, 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Social time begins at 2:30 p.m. with the regular meeting at 3 p.m. All members and Corvette enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club's website at www.4cccc.org.
- Bessinger's Bar-B-Q, at 1602 Savannah Highway in West Ashley, will host its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. Registration will be $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories are cars 1942 and earlier, '43-'59, '60-'71 and '72-2014; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. Music provided by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
- Central Carolina Corsa will be sponsoring an all-Corvair Show at the Sea Mist Resort, 1200 S. Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach. All Corvair enthusiasts and owners are invited. For further details, call Carol Harris at 803-795-9434 or Georgia Allsbrook at 803-720-1484.
- The Goose Creek High School Service Learning class is holding a car show at Goose Creek High School. Registration starts at 10 a.m. Entry fee is $15. Classes are for years 1938 and earlier, '39-'77 and '78-present; Mustang; Corvette; sport compact; SUV; mini truck; truck; and unfinished. For more information, call PC Garvin at 843-996-9870 or Rosanna Hihnson at 843-533-5300, extension 2303.
- Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event is held the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club's website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
- Coastal Carolina Region Antique Automobile Club of America is hosting an all-day indoor car display at Citadel Mall. This has not happened with the local AACA for about 25 years. The club hopes to gain publicity for its hobby and find new club members. The goal is 30 cars: There are still a few slots available. Area car owners and club members are invited to either enter a car or just come by the display. This is a free event. Clubs are welcome to have a membership table. Participation is free, but car owners must pre-register. Vehicles should be antique (more than 25 years old) and unmodified, restored, well preserved or "survivor." Arrive Saturday morning 7:30-8 a.m. Vehicles stay in place throughout the day in the mall. They can begin leaving around 9:30 pm. Anyone interested in displaying their car can e-mail 1953FordCoupe@gmail.com or call 843-860-0315. E-mail a photo of yourself so the mall can use it in advertising.
- The Charleston and Lowcountry Automotive Club Council will meet at 7 p.m. at Sticky Fingers, 341 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Members of the car, truck and motorcycle communities are welcome to attend. Contact Rob Hanson for any questions or additional information at email@example.com.
- OMAR's Coastal Shrine Club will present the first "Level Field Car Show" 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the shrine club, 4296 Charleston Highway in Walterboro. Enter your daily driver, rat rod, motorcycle or trailer queen. At least nine prizes will be handed out, including best of show. Judging will be by random drawing. A $100,000 show car or a rat rod has the same odds of being best of show, thus the "level field" name. The event will be held rain or shine. A limited number of applications will be accepted. For more details, visit www.facebook.com/#!/OMARCoastalShrineClub, call Dane Roessler at 843-729-6982 or Ken Bachewicz at 843-509-1695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cruise in will be held at Mid Eastern Truck Wash /Chrome Stop, located at 225 Bellinger Lane in Gaston, off Interstate 26 at exit 125. The event is billed as a chance to meet and greet with other clubs in South Carolina while viewing top-notch semi-trucks. All vehicles are welcome including cars, trucks, big wheels and bikes. The American Truck Historical Society will be bringing antique trucks from across the Southeast. Proceeds and a prize drawing will support the Special Olympics. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/mideasternchromestop.
- Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will hold its monthly meeting at Bessinger's, 1602 Savannah Highway, starting at 7:30 p.m. Anyone wishing to become a member is welcome to attend. For more information, visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
- The Sumter Cruisers Car and Truck Show will be held in conjunction with the Striped Bass Festival in Manning. Car show registration, 9 a.m.- noon, is $20. Awards presentation will be 3 p.m. Categories include production cars through 1960, '61-'69, '70-'99 and 2000-present; production trucks through 1999 and 2000-present; modified trucks; street rods through 1948; modified cars 1949-'70, '71-'99 and 2000-present; rat rods; and special interest. Music will be provided. For more information, contact Bobby Beatson at 803-481-2124 or David Marcella at 803-481-4269 or visit www.sumtercruisers.com.
- Trident Technical College's Department of Automotive Technology will host the 22nd annual Spring Spin-Off Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. on the college's main campus at 7000 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston behind Building 800. The car, truck and motorcycle show is free for spectators and open to the public. To register, contact Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or Clint Snider at 843-574-6725. Pre-registration by April 14 is $20; event-day registration, which is $25, will take place 10-11:30 a.m. There is no rain date. In addition to the car show, there will be food, music, prizes and a cash drawing. Trophies will be presented at the end of the event. Show proceeds benefit the W. Athell Yon Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships to Trident Tech students pursuing careers in automotive technology. The school offers an Automotive Technology associate degree that prepares students to become technicians and supervisors or managers. For more, call Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or visit www.tridenttech.edu/3971_car_show.htm to register online.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.