Mr. and Mrs. Caleb Harper Caleb Harper of North Charleston, SC, and Gladys Magwood of Colleton County, SC, was united in marriage on February 22, 1949 in North Charleston. They enjoyed a two years of courtship prior to their wedding day. They always tease about how they met, because Gladys didn't know Caleb like her. He came around her home and became friends with her father and brother, just so he can get a glimpse of her. She said she just thought he was just a friend of the family. To this union ten children, 16 grandchildren, 19 great-grand children and 2 great-great-grand children were born. Mr. Harper enjoyed 40 years as the proprietor of Phillip 66 Service Station in the Liberty Park area. He also maintained a Treasurer Position for over 40 years and is Treasurer Emeritus at his beloved church Royal Missionary Baptist Church where he also served as a deacon for almost 50 years. Mrs. Harper graduated from the Immaculate Conception School on Coming Street School in 1945. She had a successful career at the Charleston County Health Department as one of the first social workers in the tri-county area. She too became a member of Royal Baptist Church for many years and served as the mother for World Evangelist Church under Pastor Ann Donalds. Mr. and Mrs. Caleb Harper are now retired and have resided in the West Ashley Area for over 50 years. Happy 65th Wedding Anniversary!
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.