A Berkeley County man trying to keep warm with a charcoal grill in a bedroom probably died of carbon monoxide poisoning early Thursday morning, Coroner Bill Salisbury said.
The man was identified as Audiel Lopez-Marroquin of College Park Road. An autopsy will be conducted, but all signs point to carbon monoxide poisoning, Salisbury said.
His wife called for help and was taken to a hospital for treatment, Salisbury said.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.