Following a two-day hiatus because of the weather, the federal trial against Christopher Latham and Wendy Moore will resume Friday.
All district court proceedings were canceled for Wednesday and Thursday.
The trial against Latham, 51, and Moore, 37, who are accused of involvement in an alleged murder-for-hire plot targeting Latham's estranged wife, Nancy, began on Monday in downtown Charleston.
The alleged scheme was discovered in April, just days before Chris and Nancy Latham's scheduled final divorce hearing. The Lathams were going through a contentious divorce and prosecutors allege that Chris Latham had a lot of money at stake. Chris Latham was a bank executive at the time.
Defense attorneys said Chris Latham had no motive and wanted the divorce to be finalized because of his relationship with Moore.
Aaron Wilkinson, 40, of Louisville, Ky., who pleaded guilty last month to aiding and abetting murder-for-hire, revealed the alleged scheme to police after being arrested in Charleston.
He told authorities that he and Samuel Yenawine, 38, of Louisville, who was also charged in this case but committed suicide in jail, were hired to kill Nancy Latham.
Wilkinson took the stand Tuesday and began testifying for the prosecution. He is expected to continue his testimony Friday. The trial was expected to wrap up by the end of next week, but due to the cancellations will likely go a third week.
For updates on the trial, visit postandcourier.com or Twitter.com/ncaula.
Notice about comments: