Two fires that occurred on Friday in North Charleston were related to heating, according to fire department officials.
The first blaze ignited at 8 a.m. on Annette Street near Sumner Avenue. The 911 caller told operators the heater inside the house was on fire, according to fire officials. It was determined there were combustible materials too close to heating sources, according to fire officials.
The second fire occurred at 8:30 p.m on Carter Road at a single wide trailer. It took more than 10 minutes to contain the fire, officials said. All the residents of the home escaped unharmed but one dog diedin the blaze, according to authorities.
The fire was caused by using the oven to heat the home, fire officials said. Both fires were accidental, according to investigators.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.