Firefighters this morning extinguished flames that damaged a home on the Isle of Palms.
The fire ignited about 7 a.m. at a home on Palm Boulevard, Battalion Chief Richard Hathaway said. The flames damaged an elevated porch toward the back of the house, he said.
A family was at the home when the fire occurred. No one was hurt and the home sustained minimal damage in the incident, Hathaway said.
Firefighters believe the fire was sparked by an electrical issue, he said.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.