A house fire off Savannah Highway west of Charleston displaced two residents and killed one of their dogs, according to the Charleston Fire Department.

The fire was reported shortly after 4:30 p.m. at 2076 Rookery Lane, a residential street near First Assembly of God. Charleston, St. Andrews Fire Department and St. Johns fire departments responded, along with Charleston police and Charleston County EMS.

When firefighters arrived they saw flames coming from a sunroom toward the back of the home. Firefighters went inside the house and brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes, Capt. Ryan Kunitzer with the Charleston Fire Department said.

The home’s two occupants were outside when they first noticed the fire. They rescued five of their dogs from the flames and called 911.

A sixth dog did not make it out of the home, Kunitzer said. Attempts to revive the animal were not successful.

The cause of the fire was not immediately known. Authorities did determine that the flames ignited in the sunroom, which contained multiple portable heaters, Kunitzer said.