• The Lowcountry Travelers Car Club of Mount Pleasant will hold its annual car show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Wando Crossing shopping center in the Walmart parking lot. Classes include cars and trucks 1974 and earlier, motorcycles included. Registration fee is $16. Trophies will be awarded in classes plus Best in Show. Proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network. For more information, call Rev. Small at 843-928-3639 or 609-6125.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club presents the 14th annual Street Thunder Open Car, Truck and Bike Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carolina Ice Palace in North Charleston. The event will be held rain or shine. Registration fee is $20. Proceeds benefit Honor Flight Lowcountry.
• Lowcountry Volkswagen Club and JK Automotive will present the 21st annual Oktoberfest Car Show 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at JK Automotive, 1880 N. Main St. in Summerville. All water cooled and air cooled vehicles are welcome. If it’s a VW, bring it. Proceeds are donated to Pet Helpers of Charleston. Registration, which includes a $10 entry fee per vehicle, is 9-11 a.m. Event shirts are $10. Participant judging is from noon to 1 p.m. with awards at 2 p.m. Spectators get in free. The family event includes food and drinks on site 10 a.m.-2 p.m., a jump castle and a raffle. For more information, visit www.jkautomotive.net.
• The third annual Model A Day will be held 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Palmetto Ford Lincoln, 1625 Savannah Highway. Organizers estimate there will be 30-50 or more original Model A Fords on hand. The public is invited to check out the classic cars. No tickets, no charge, and refreshments will be served.
• Lowcountry Plugin Drivers, in connection with the third annual National Plug In Day, will hold a gathering 2-5 p.m. at Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park on Hallman Boulevard. Set up and arrivals start at noon. Electric vehicles from Tesla Motors and Nissan will be among the models on display. Attendees are encouraged to check out the vehicles and talk to owners. The Charleston event is one of more than 60 across the country. National organizers consist of Plug In America, the Sierra Club and the Electric Auto Association. For more information, visit www.pluginday.org, or contact Richard at EV_driver@me.com or at 843-633-1607.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host an Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn, 5264 International Blvd. in North Charleston. Socialize at 2:30 p.m. with the meeting starting at 3 p.m. All Corvette owners and enthusiasts are invited to attend.
• The 26th annual Automotive Browsefest hosted by Lowcountry Mopars will take place 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market. Pre-registration by Monday is $15. Day of show registration 10 a.m.-noon is $20. Vendor and swap space is $20, car corral space, $10. Show registration is 10 a.m.-noon with participant judging noon-1:30 p.m. Awards will be announced at 2:30 p.m. The event benefits Camp Happy Days. For more information, call Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992 or visit scmopar.atspace.com.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event takes place the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information, contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will hold its monthly meeting at St. James Place, 216 St. James Ave. (U.S. Highway 176) in Goose Creek. The meeting will be at 7:30; to arrive for dinner, the room will be available at 6:30 p.m. Nonmembers are welcome to attend.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.