14 treated after pool chemical mishap at Myrtle Beach hotel

  • Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:20 a.m.

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Fourteen people with breathing complaints have been treated and released from the hospital after pool chemicals were accidently mixed at a Myrtle Beach hotel.

Police say The Landmark Resort pool was evacuated Monday evening when the chemicals were mixed in the pool maintenance area.

Authorities report that one of those treated at the hospital was a hotel employee, the others were guests.

The pool area was evacuated for about 90 minutes while emergency crews responded.

Comments { }

Postandcourier.com is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Postandcourier.com does not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not postandcourier.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full Terms and Conditions.