Car Show Calendar
• Vintage Chevrolet Club of America will hold its monthly meeting at the Hello Deli, near City Hall in North Charleston. The meeting will begin at 2 p.m. All members and interested Chevrolet enthusiasts are invited to attend. The club welcomes comments. Contact Neil Humbert at 843-224-3692 or Steve Ekhaml at 843-860-6540 for more information.
• A car show will take place noon-4 p.m. as part of weekend festivities for Folly Beach celebrating its 40th anniversary of incorporation. The car show will be set up on West Arctic Avenue, highlighting vehicles from 1973 and earlier to “celebrate days gone by.” Registration, which is $25, is at 11 a.m. Judging takes place at 3 p.m. The show will be limited to 60 entries. There will be one-of-a-kind trophies. Show proceeds will benefit the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team. Anniversary events, which begin Saturday, will include the Ferris Wheel and the Merry-Go-Round from “the good old days,” shagging on the beach and the Tams performing. For more information, visit www.firefightersupport.org.
• The Lowcountry Travelers Car Club of Mount Pleasant will hold its annual car show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Wando Crossing shopping center in the Walmart parking lot. Classes include cars and trucks 1974 and earlier, motorcycles included. Registration fee is $16. Trophies will be awarded in classes plus Best in Show. Proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network. For more information, call Rev. Small at 843-928-3639 or 609-6125.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club presents the 14th Annual Street Thunder Open Car, Truck and Bike Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carolina Ice Palace in North Charleston. The event will be held rain or shine. Registration fee is $20. Proceeds benefit Honor Flight Lowcountry.
• Lowcountry Volkswagen Club and JK Automotive will present the 21st annual Oktoberfest Car Show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at JK Automotive, 1880 N. Main St. in Summerville. All water cooled and air cooled vehicles are welcome. If it’s a VW, bring it. The family event includes cars, food, jump castle and a raffle. All proceeds are donated to Pet Helpers of Charleston. Registration, which is $20, is 9-11 a.m. Participant judging is from noon to 1 p.m., awards are at 2 p.m. Entry fee is $10 per vehicle. Event shirts are $10. Spectators get in free. Donations accepted for Pet Helpers of Charleston. Food and drinks will be on site 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, visit www.jkautomotive.net.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host an Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The 26th annual Automotive Browsefest hosted by Lowcountry Mopars will take place 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market. Pre-registration by Sept. 30 is $15. Day of show registration 10 a.m.-noon is $20. Vendor and swap space is $20, car corral space, $10. Show registration is from 10 a.m. to noon with participant judging noon-1:30 p.m. Awards will be given out at 2:30pm. The event benefits Camp Happy Days. For more information, call Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992 or visit scmopar.atspace.com.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.