• Charleston Salutes! will be hosting a car show 3-6 p.m. at Peaceful Way, 7218 S.C. Highway 165 in Ravenel. All cars are welcome to this special event to be attended by more than 1,000 local emergency workers and their families. Proceeds will be given to the family of a law enforcement officer recently injured in the line of duty. Registration is $15. Awards and prizes will be presented in two categories: “Made in America” – classics, antiques, etc.; and “Eat My Dust” – built for speed or muscle. Cars should be in place by 2:30 p.m. For more information, call Danielle Walker at 843-270-8085.
• A Classic Car Show and BBQ will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at St. Andrews Parish United Methodist Church, 3225 Ashley River Road in Charleston. Car registration is $10. Trophies and prizes for first, second and third Best of Show. Spectators vote. Church members are not eligible for entry. The event is sponsored by the Men’s Club of St. Andrews Parish United Methodist Church. Barbecue dinners will be sold. Questions? Call 843-766-1080.
• Tramway Car Show will be 1-4 p.m. at the intersection of Rose Drive and Tram Boulevard in Tramway subdivision, Summerville. Competing car registration is $5. The event is free to the public. All auto clubs are welcome. Awards will be given for Best in Show and for first, second and third in each class. The show is sponsored by Tramway Community Association. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event is 5 p.m. the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information, contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• The Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its monthly car show 6-8:30 p.m. at O’Reilly Auto Parts, 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $5. Vehicle classes include years 1954 and earlier, ’55-’65,’66-’75 and ’76 to present; Corvairs; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes plus best in show. The club will be accepting monetary or nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. For more information, call Dennis at 843-200-8077.
• High Noon on Big Thursday auction will take place at noon at Metrolina Expo Center off Interstate 77, exit 16-A in Charlotte. Vehicle consignment fee is $99. Sales limited to 150 quality cars. Expected vehicles include the Tom Mack Chevy collection; Clint Bivens collection of restored antique Ford tractors; Ford Model A collection; 1969 Mustang Mach I SuperCobra Jet 428 Drag Pack, concourse restoration; 1938 Ford Hearse; 1934 Ford Tudor Sedan; 1967 Chevrolet Impala convertible; 1966 Impala SS; 1954 Ford convertible from the McDaniel collection; and 1950 Jeepster fully restored. Tom Mack Auctions is presenting the event. For more information, call 888-TOM-MACK (866-6225) or visit www.TomMackAuctions.com.
• A car show will be held noon-4 p.m. as part of weekend festivities for Folly Beach celebrating its 40th anniversary of incorporation. The car show will be set up on West Arctic Avenue, highlighting vehicles from 1973 and earlier to “celebrate days gone by.” Registration, which is $25, is at 11 a.m. Judging takes place at 3 p.m. The show will be limited to 60 entries. There will be one-of-a-kind trophies. Show proceeds will benefit the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team. Anniversary events, which begin Sept. 21, will include the Ferris Wheel and the Merry-Go-Round from “the good old days,” shagging on the beach and the Tams performing. For more information, visit www.firefightersupport.org.
• The Lowcountry Travelers Car Club of Mount Pleasant will hold its annual car show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Wando Crossing shopping center in the Walmart parking lot. Classes include cars and trucks 1974 and earlier, motorcycles included. Registration fee is $16. Trophies will be awarded in classes plus Best in Show. Proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network. For more information, call Rev. Small at 843-928-3639 or 609-6125.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club presents the 14th annual Street Thunder Open Car, Truck and Bike Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carolina Ice Palace in North Charleston. The event will be held rain or shine. Registration fee is $20. Proceeds benefit Honor Flight Lowcountry.
• Lowcountry Volkswagen Club and JK Automotive will present the 21st annual Oktoberfest Car Show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at JK Automotive, 1880 N. Main St. in Summerville. All water cooled and air cooled vehicles are welcome. If it’s a VW, bring it. The family event includes cars, food, jump castle and a raffle. All proceeds are donated to Pet Helpers of Charleston. Registration, which is $20, is 9-11 a.m. Participant judging is from noon to 1 p.m. and awards are at 2 p.m. Entry fee is $10 per vehicle. Event shirts are $10. Spectators get in free. Donations accepted for Pet Helpers of Charleston. Food and drinks will be on site 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, visit www.jkautomotive.net.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host an Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.