• The “End of Summer Beach Blast” Beach Car Show, hosted by Aaron’s, will take place at 886 Bells Highway in Walterboro. Dress your car, truck, SUV, 4x4 or motorcycle in the best beach theme. Registration, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., is $10. Judging starts at 4 p.m. Awards are for top Ford, top Chevy, top SUV, top 4x4, Best in Show, Aaron’s Choice, top Mopar, top classic 1980 or earlier, top modern 1981 to present, farthest travel, largest club and best decorated. There will be live music, a shaggin’ and twistin’ contest and Aaron’s Family Feud. Sponsors are Gar Linder, Reid’s, A&D Auto Sales, Robertson Insurance Co., Walterboro Ford, Bojangles, Quiznos, Advance Auto Parts, Pappy’s Old Fashioned Lemon-aid, MC by Steve @ Title Max, Nicole Garris and Cliff’s Hot Dog Station. For more information, call 843-542-2583.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will hold its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories include cars from years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present an Open Car, Truck and Bike Show 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Marchant Chevrolet in Ravenel. Registration, which is 10-11:30 a.m., will be $20 per vehicle. There are 12 classes with 30 trophies. All proceeds benefit Camp Happy Days. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• The annual Goodwill Undy 500 motorcycle charity ride will be held 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. at Low Country Harley-Davidson in North Charleston. The ride covers nearly 100 miles through the Charleston area and helps homeless and struggling veterans. All of the proceeds support events and programs for local veterans. Entry is $20 per person plus a new package of undergarments. Online pre-registration will take place until Sunday. Registration and light refreshments begin at 9:30 a.m. the day of the show at Low Country Harley-Davidson on Dorchester Road. First bike out is at 11:30 a.m., last bike in is at 3 p.m. Red’s Ice House at Bohicket Marina will host an after party with band. For more information, visit www.goodwillundy500.net.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn, 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Socializing begins at 2:30 p.m., with the regular meeting to start at 3 p.m. All Corvette owners and enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club website at www.4cccc.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event is 5 p.m. the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information, contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• A Classic Car Show and BBQ will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at St. Andrews Parish United Methodist Church, 3225 Ashley River Road in Charleston. Car registration is $10. Trophies and prizes for first, second and third Best of Show. Spectators vote. Church members are not eligible for entry. The event is sponsored by the Men’s Club of St. Andrews Parish United Methodist Church. Barbecue dinners will be sold. Questions? Call 843-766-1080.
• High Noon on Big Thursday auction will take place at noon at Metrolina Expo Center off Interstate 77, exit 16-A in Charlotte. Vehicle consignment fee is $99. Sales limited to 150 quality cars. Expected vehicles include the Tom Mack Chevy collection; Clint Bivens collection of restored antique Ford tractors; Ford Model A collection; 1969 Mustang Mach I SuperCobra Jet 428 Drag Pack, concourse restoration; 1938 Ford Hearse; 1934 Ford Tudor Sedan; 1967 Chevrolet Impala convertible; 1966 Impala SS; 1954 Ford convertible from the McDaniel collection; and 1950 Jeepster fully restored. Tom Mack Auctions is presenting the event. For more information, call 888-TOM-MACK (866-6225) or visit www.TomMackAuctions.com.
• A car show will be held noon-4 p.m. as part of weekend festivities for Folly Beach celebrating its 40th anniversary of incorporation. The car show will be set up on West Arctic Avenue, highlighting vehicles from 1973 and earlier to “celebrate days gone by.” Registration, which is $25, is at 11 a.m. Judging takes place at 3 p.m. The show will be limited to 60 entries. There will be one-of-a-kind trophies. Show proceeds will benefit the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team. Anniversary events, which begin Sept. 21, will include the Ferris Wheel and the Merry-Go-Round from “the good old days,” shagging on the beach and the Tams performing. For more information, visit www.firefightersupport.org.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.