Summerville man electrocuted working in garage
A Summerville man was electrocuted Saturday while working on an ice machine in his garage.
James Montgomery, 68, of Red Oak Circle was pronounced dead at the scene, Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury said.
Montgomery’s son found him in the garage near the ice machine about 6 p.m. An autopsy showed he died of electrocution, Salisbury said.
This was the second electrocution in Berkeley County in the last two weeks, Salisbury said. A man was electrocuted Aug. 12 while working on an air-conditioning unit.