The family of a man found dead in the Charleston County jail will receive a $625,000 settlement, according to court records.

Presiding Circuit Judge Markley Dennis approved the agreement, which was filed on Aug. 13 in the Charleston County Court of Common Pleas.

Charleston County, the Sheriff’s Office, the Cannon Detention Center, Mount Pleasant police and East Cooper Regional Medical Center are among defendants named in the suit.

They reached a settlement with the family of Robert A. Lamble III, 60, who owned Tunes Disc & Tapes Record Shop in Mount Pleasant for many years. He was an Air Force veteran and a married father of four.

The $625,000 will be paid collectively by the defendants’ insurers, but not all the defendants pay the same amount.

In exchange for the settlement, the family will dismiss all claims arising out of Lamble’s death, according to court records.

Sheriff’s Maj. Jim Brady said there were no policy changes implemented at the jail as a result of Lamble’s death. He said the detention center is fully accredited and meets national standards for best practices.

“No policies were violated,” said Robin Jackson, an attorney who represented the county.

Attorney Tim Domin represented the town of Mount Pleasant and the Mount Pleasant Police.

“Mount Pleasant was a very minor player in the settlement,” he said. “Mount Pleasant did everything right but added up the cost of going to trial and settled it for a fraction of the cost.”

Domin said Mount Pleasant paid $8,333 to settle the case.

Lawyers representing the Lamble estate will receive 40 percent of the overall settlement plus costs of $34,946, the agreement states.

Police tried to stop Lamble on Sept. 24, 2009, after spotting him driving erratically on Chuck Dawley Boulevard, according to an incident report. He led them on a low-speed pursuit to his home on Freelock Drive, the report said.

When officers arrested him, they noted a strong smell of alcohol, slurred speech and bloodshot eyes, police said.

Lamble told officers he took medicine for diabetes and bipolar disorder. Paramedics took him to East Cooper Regional Medical Center after noting that his blood pressure and blood sugar level were elevated. A doctor examined Lamble and cleared him to be admitted to the jail, police said.

He was placed in a medical cell on Sept. 27 after complaining of seizures between 3 and 5 a.m., a police report stated.

A detention officer called for help after finding him unresponsive, and he was pronounced dead at 10:42 a.m., the Sheriff’s Office said.