• Deep South Mopars, S.C. Lowcountry chapter is having a “Cruise Night” at 7 p.m. at Sonic Drive-In, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. Cars will depart at 7:30 p.m. on the cruise through downtown Charleston, over the Ravenel Bridge and to the new Steak and Shake in North Charleston. All Mopars are welcome. Contact Robert Hanson for details at email@example.com.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn, 5264 International Blvd. in North Charleston. It will begin at 2:30 p.m. to socialize and 3 p.m. for the regular meeting. All members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories consist of cars for years 1942 and earlier; ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The Lowcountry Corvair Association will hold its monthly meeting at the Teppanyaki Grill, 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. The business meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. preceded by a social hour at 6:30 p.m. All Corvair owners and enthusiasts are invited. For more information, contact Donn Pittman at 843-849-9007.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event will be the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its monthly dinner meeting at St. James Place Grill in Goose Creek. There will be a social half hour at 6:30 p.m. with the meeting starting at 7 p.m. All car enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information call Kay at 843-821-3271.
• The Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its monthly car show 6-8:30 p.m. at O’Reilly Auto Parts, 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $5. Classes include years 1954 and earlier, ’55-’65, ’66-’75 and ’76 to present; Corvairs; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes plus best in show. The club will be accepting monetary or nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. For more information call Dennis at 843-200-8077.
• Euro Nation, a European car show to benefit The Wounded Warrior Project, will take place for the first time over two days in the Charleston area. The meet and greet will be 7-11 p.m. Friday Aug. 16 at Hooters restaurant, 2171 Northwoods Blvd. in North Charleston. The main show, a non-trophy event, will be 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at Palmetto Islands County Park, 444 Needlerush Parkway in Mount Pleasant. Raffles will be held, T-shirts will be for sale, and the event will be accepting donations. Come out and enjoy a weekend of food, people, music and cars. For more information, contact Lawrence Bland at 843-532-6713 or Euronation.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lowcountry Mopars will sponsor the 21st Annual Lowcountry Shine and Swapp 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson. Anything on wheels is welcome. The show is free. Donations will be accepted. There will be top 10 trophies, a swap meet and car corral. Bring your interesting “automobilia” to display or sell. For more information contact Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992.
• Nulife is presenting the first Anything on Wheels show 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at The Fire Museum, 4975 Centre Pointe Drive in North Charleston. Eligible vehicles include cars, trucks, motorcycles, muscle cars, antiques, sports cars, dune buggies, tow trucks, fire engines, three wheelers, etc. You bring it, we’ll judge it. All are welcome. Pre-registration at www.eventbrite.com before Aug. 9 is $15. Registration from then on is $20. Day-of-show registration begins at 9 a.m. All proceeds will go to fund Nulife Housing for Homeless Heroes in Summerville. Donations are accepted. For more information, contact Larry Bowman at 843-729-6820, Robert Greisham at 843-509-6452 or Alleine Simmons at 843-514-8111.
• The Swamp Fox Region of the Sports Car Club of America and Rick Hendrick BMW Charleston are conducting a day-long Teen Street Survival School at the North Charleston Coliseum parking area. Attendees will drive their own cars, learning in a controlled setting how to handle hazardous situations. Information and the school schedule can be found at www.streetsurvival.org.
• The first Vintage Chevrolet Club of America, Low Country Region Car Show will be held 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Crews Chevrolet, 8199 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Pre-registration, which closes Aug. 20, is $15. Registration the day of the show is $20. The show is open to all Chevrolets, including modifieds. Judging begins at 1 p. m. for four cylinders, years 1915-28; and six cylinders, years ’29-’54, ’55-’57 and ’58-’70. For more information , contact Neil at 843-224-3692 or Steve at 843-771-4756.
• Steel Pony 2013 Open Car & Bike Show will be held 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Charleston Tea Plantation. Registration is 11 a.m.-noon with judging at 3 p.m. Classes include cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2012; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Show registration, which is $15, includes tour of Wadmalaw Island-based tea plantation. There will be awards, kids activities, food vendors, Mr. Koolie and live entertainment by Eddie Bush. Sponsors are Stono Body Works, Lowcountry Harley Davidson, Charleston Tea Plantation and McDonald’s. Steel Pony benefits the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote peer-based and clinical behavioral health services that are easily accessible and available, insure that the needs of firefighters and their families are met, and identify those that are in most distress and respond effectively. For more information visit www.firefightersupport.org. For more on the car show, contact Stono Body Works at 843-795-8318.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.