A third man was arrested this week and two others face more charges in a July 14 shooting that left one person dead and two wounded in downtown Charleston.

Omary Rashard Kornickey, 21, of King Street faces charges of murder and attempted murder.

The Charleston Police Department arrested West Ashley residents Brian Ancrum, 23, of Tripe Street and Glendell Gladden Jr., 29, of Robinhood Drive on the day of the shooting. They already face murder charges, but investigators added attempted murder counts this week.

Police spokesman Charles Francis said investigators may make further arrests.

Arrest affidavits accused all three of shooting one person who survived the ordeal. The police based the attempted murder charge on ballistic testing, the documents stated. Witnesses also identified the trio in a photo lineup.

The authorities did not specify exactly who shot 22-year-old Don’ta Pringle of Summerville, who later died of his wounds.

The men appeared for a hearing Thursday afternoon, when Magistrate Linda Lombard denied bail on all the charges.

Kornickey has a short arrest history.

A judge found him not guilty in October 2012 on a charge of criminal domestic violence. The next month, he was arrested in Charleston and later convicted of misdemeanor marijuana possession.

Both Ancrum and Gladden are felons.

Gladden has faced charges in three past shootings, including two that were fatal. None of those charges stuck.

“I am sadly impressed by your criminal background,” Lombard said during the bond hearing.

Pringle was shot three times outside the Exxon gas station at 420 Meeting St. A young woman and one other person were wounded, but their injuries were not life-threatening.

The police said Pringle and other men were talking to some women about 2 a.m. when a sport-utility vehicle rolled through the parking lot. They said Ancrum was driving, and Gladden and Kornickey were passengers.

Gladden got out of the SUV and walked through the parking lot, the police said. Three minutes later, witnesses told the authorities that they heard gunshots, but investigators did not say where the bullets were coming from.

As friends drove Pringle to the hospital, they happened upon the SUV again. Someone in the SUV opened fire on the car containing the dying Pringle, the police said, but it’s not thought that anyone was hit.

After the shooting, Kornickey told detectives that he went to a Tripe Street home about 9 p.m. the day before and stayed there overnight, an affidavit stated. Later, he said that he left the home with Ancrum and Gladden but returned in a taxi.

A witness contradicted that account, telling the police that Kornickey had returned with Ancrum and Gladden after midnight.

During his bond hearing, Kornickey told the magistrate that he was supposed to start a new job Friday at Walmart. His sister said he had attended Trident Technical College.

“We love you, Omary,” she told him. “And stay strong.”

Natalie Caula contributed to this report. Reach Andrew Knapp at 937-5414 or twitter.com/offlede.