• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will hold its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant at 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There will be three trophies per class. Classes are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. Bessinger’s is the host. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The ad hoc Charleston and Lowcountry Automotive Club Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. All area clubs are welcome to send a representative. The discussion will center on the web calendar and further development of the council. For more information, contact Rob Hanson at email@example.com or call 843-218-6084 or 619-905-9178.
• The 46th Annual Mountaineer Antique Auto Club Car Show, Flea Market and Car Corral will take place at Davis Event Center, 1301 Fanning Bridge Road in Fletcher, N.C. Held in conjunction with the two-day car show will be the Mountaineer Collector Car Auction in Asheville and Fletcher. The auction, presented by Tom Mack Auctions in association with Foster Auction Services, includes a car check-in 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and the auction beginning at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The consignment fee is $199. Vehicles include Model ‘A’ Fords, a pair of rare Western ’64 Dodges, ’39 Cadillac, ’60 Pontiac Star Chief, ’31 Rolls Royce Phantom II Touring Phaeton and ’66 Mustang Convertible. For more information, visit 888-TOM-MACK (866-6225).
• The Lowcountry Corvair Association will hold its monthly meeting at the Tepppanyaki Grill, 5900 Rivers Avenue in North Charleston. The business meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. preceded by a social hour at 6:30 p.m. All Corvair owners and enthusiasts are invited. For more information, contact Donn Pittman at 843-849-9007.
• VW Drag Night will be held in Charleston, Kiawah Island and Orangeburg Countty starting with a 4 p.m. cruise-in July 12 from host hotel LaQuinta Inn Riverview to Freshfields Village at Kiawah. The band Plainjane will start around 6 p.m. for a free concert and dance-a-thon to end at 9 p.m. Gates will open at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 13 at Orangeburg Dragstrip in Neeses for an all-day-and-night drag race, car show and hot dog party. The fifth annual car show is free and open to all Volkswagens. The show is judged by the entrants. Plaques will be given out for best engine, best interior, best of show and promoter’s choice. Awards will be presented around 5:30 p.m. Lowcountry VW Club is among the sponsors. For more information, call 843-557-0807 or visit www.vwdragnight.com.
• Charleston’s celebration of National Collector Car Appreciation Day will take place 9 a.m.-noon at Brittlebank Park next to Joe Riley Stadium. This is an informal, non-club-affiliated event. Bring your collector car, your family and a picnic lunch. All collector-car families are welcome. No alcoholic beverages allowed. A tour of historic Charleston will begin at noon for anyone wishing to participate. For the fourth year, the SEMA Action Network is sponsoring the day to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society. The collector day organizational committee includes members of Coastal Carolina Region AACA and Lowcountry Model A Ford Club/Street Rods Unlimited. For more, contact Trevor at Trev53@comcast.net or Hugh at HughH41@yahoo.com.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event is held the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Low Country Mustang Club will be holding its fifth Bridge Poker Run 2:30-5 p.m. at Denny’s, 5265 International Blvd. near Interstate 526. Registration, which is $10 a hand for drivers and passengers who want to participate, is 2:30-3 p.m. and open to any street legal vehicle. Registration and the starting point will be in the restaurant parking lot. Departure time will be 3 p.m. The course is 50 miles long, crossing over seven Lowcountry bridges with two 2 scheduled stops. The drive will end up at the Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road. Prizes will go to the best, runner-up and worst hands. There will also be a cruise-in held at the Sonic at the completion of the Poker Run hosted by the local Muscle Car Club. Proceeds will benefit Camp Breath Easy. For more information, contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Walterboro Cruisers will be hosting cruise-ins on the fourth Saturday of each month 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Hill Tire, next to Sonic, on Roberson Boulevard in Walterboro. For more information, contact Joe at 843-909-4370 or Barry at 843-562-7292.
Send car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com. Notices on events in the greater Charleston area will appear, as space allows, in the Saturday Wheels and Waves section. For an expanded list of shows from around the Carolinas, visit www.postandcourier.com.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.