• An Open Car, Truck and Bike Show sponsored by Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will be 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Ashley River Baptist Church on Savannah Highway. Registration is $10. Proceeds benefit the Ashley River Baptist Youth Group.
• A Father’s Day “Carbs & Carbs” cruise-in will be held 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Bacco restaurant at 976 Houston Northcutt Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. All cars are welcome. The event will have a $15 per person pasta buffet inside the restaurant.
• Street Rods Unlimited will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. at St. James Place Grill, 216 St. James Ave. (U.S. Highway 176) in Goose Creek. The room will be open for dinner by 6 p.m. for anyone wishing to come early and eat. The meeting is open to club members and anyone else wanting to know more about the club.
• The Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its monthly car show 6-9 p.m. at O’Reilly Auto Parts at 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $5. Classes include years 1954 and earlier, ’55-’65, ’66-’75 and ’76 to present; Corvairs; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes, plus best in show. The club will be accepting monetary or nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. For more information call Dennis at 843-200-8077.
• A car show will be held 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in conjunction with the grand opening of the new “speed shop” at Pep Boys, 6240 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Roll ins will start at 9 a.m. There will be a mobile dyno, food and music by The Cruise-O-Matics. The speed shop will have a big lineup of top name performance parts in stock, according to Jeff Hunter, Pep Boys manager of Speed Shop No. 37. For more information, call 843-744-7831.
• The 46th Annual Mountaineer Antique Auto Club Car Show, Flea Market and Car Corral will take place at Davis Event Center, 1301 Fanning Bridge Road in Fletcher, N.C. Held in conjunction with the two-day car show will be the Mountaineer Collector Car Auction in Asheville and Fletcher. The auction, presented by Tom Mack Auctions in association with Foster Auction Services, includes a car check-in 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and the auction beginning at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The consignment fee is $199. Vehicles include Model ‘A’ Fords, a pair of rare Western ’64 Dodges, ’39 Cadillac, ’60 Pontiac Star Chief, ’31 Rolls Royce Phantom II Touring Phaeton and ’66 Mustang Convertible. For more information, visit 888-TOM-MACK (866-6225).
• The Charleston celebration of National Collector Car Appreciation Day will take place 9 a.m.-noon at Brittlebank Park next to Joe Riley Stadium. This is an informal, non-club-affiliated event. Bring your collector car, your family and a picnic. All collector-car families are welcome. No alcoholic beverages allowed. A tour of historic Charleston will begin at noon for anyone wishing to participate. For the fourth year, the SEMA Action Network is sponsoring the day to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society. The collector day organizational committee includes members of Coastal Carolina Region AACA and Lowcountry Model A Ford Club/Street Rods Unlimited. For more, contact Trevor at Trev53@comcast.net or Hugh at HughH41@yahoo.com.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.