Outfielder Justin Greene (Stratford High School) delivered a pinch-hit, run-scoring single in Mobile’s 4-1 win over Pensacola on Tuesday night.
Greene, who played college baseball at Francis Marion, drove in his eighth run of the season and is batting .291 at Class AA Mobile.
Elsewher among Lowcountry players in pro baseball:
• Chris McGuiness (James Island, The Citadel) was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts and is batting .260 at Class AAA Round Rock.
• Reese Havens (Bishop England HS, USC) was 1 for 3 and is hitting .232 at Class AAA Las Vegas.
In the majors:
• Brett Gardner (Holly Hill, College of Charleston) was 1 for 4 with his eighth double of the season, and he scored a run in the Yankee’s 3-2 loss to Baltimore. He’s batting .256.
• Matt Wieters (Stratford HS) was 0 for 4 in the same game, and is hitting .223.
• Justin Smoak (Stratford HS, USC) was 0 for 3 with a walk in the Mariners’ 12-0 loss to the Angels, and is hitting .246.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.