Former Citadel standout Asher Wojciechowski had his worst outing since being promoted to Class AAA Oklahoma City on Tuesday night, giving up three home runs in a 10-3 loss at Fresno.
Wojciechowski (Beaufort) lasted five innings and was tagged for 10 hits and seven earned runs while striking out four. He’s 1-1 with a 3.92 earned-run average in four starts at Oklahoma City, and 3-2 with a 2.89 ERA overall this season.
Elsewhere among Lowcountry players in pro baseball:
• Justin Greene (Stratford HS, Francis Marion) was 0 for 4 and is batting .282 at Class AA Mobile.
• Chris McGuiness (James Island, The Citadel) was 0 for 3 with a walk and a strikeout, and is batting .267 at Class AAA Round Rock.
In the majors:
• Justin Smoak (Stratford HS, USC) hit his third home run to give the Mariners an 8-7 lead in the 10th inning before the Indians rallied for a 10-8 victory. Smoak was 1 for 5 and is batting .252 with eight RBI.
• Brett Gardner (Holly Hill, College of Charleston) was 0-3 with a walk and a strikeout and is batting .256 for the Yankees.
• Matt Wieters (Stratford HS) was 1 for 5 with his eighth double, and is batting .229 for the Orioles.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.