Ex-Stratford High School standout Justin Greene and James Island’s Chris McGuiness each had two hits Sunday night to highlight Lowcountry players in pro baseball.
Greene was 2 for 5 and scored two runs for the Class AA Mobile BayBears, and is batting .297.
McGuiness, a Citadel product, was 2 for 4 with his 14th double, and is batting .273 for Class AAA Round Rock.
Elsewhere in the minor leagues:
• Pitcher Mike Cisco (Wando HS, USC) worked 1 1/3 scoreless innings of relief, allowing no hits with one strikeout for Class AA Arkansas. He’s 1-0 with a 1.96 ERA in 16 appearances.
• Reese Havens (Bishop England HS, USC) was 0 for 1 as a pinch-hitter for Class AAA Las Vegas, and is batting .228.
• Marty Gantt (Mount Pleasant, College of Charleston) was 2 for 3 and is batting .344 over his last 10 games for Class A Bowling Green, and .310 for the season.
• On Friday, pitcher John Cornely (Bishop England, Wofford) earned his first win of the season, pitching the last two innings of a 7-6 victory for Class A Lynchburg. He’s 1-0 with one save and a 4.50 ERA.
• Also on Friday, pitcher Drew Cisco (Wando HS) got no decision despite six innings of four-hit ball in which he allowed one earned run with no walks and seven strikeouts. He’s 2-3 with a 2.88 ERA.
In the majors Sunday:
• Justin Smoak (Stratford HS, USC) was 1 for 4 and is batting .254 for the Mariners.