Dale Jarrett won three times at Darlington in a racing career that included 32 Cup victories. Now an ESPN analyst, Jarrett shared his top 5 picks for Saturday night’s Bojangles Southern 500 with the Post and Courier.
“You have to look at teams that have done well at Darlington in the past, as well as teams doing well right now with this new car and have it figured out,” Jarrett said.
Fitting the bill:
1. Jimmie Johnson (defending champion and points leader). “He does well at the race track and it fits his style very well.”
2. Carl Edwards. “He really seems to have adapted to the new car.”
3. Kasey Kahne. “You have to look at him in this situation. He is great with using the throttle and doesn’t use a lot of brake.”
4. Matt Kenseth. “Matt is having an outstanding year, leading a lot of laps up front every week. He will be there at the end.”
5. Kyle Busch. “This is a place he just attacks. You have to make sure you keep him covered, because he is likely to be up front with a chance to win.”
Follow Gene Sapakoff on Twitter @sapakoff
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.