One person was transported to Medial University Hospital for observation after a house fire in North Charleston this morning.
Firefighters from North Charleston, Charleston and St. John’s fire departments responded to calls for help from Barnwell Avenue at 9:30 this morning.
First arriving units reported smoke showing from the single-wide mobile home, North Charleston Fire Department spokeswoman Bianca A. Sancic said.
It took about five minutes to control the fire, Sancic said. Fire damage was limited to the kitchen area, with smoke damage throughout, she said.
The fire began on the stovetop while the resident was cooking, Sancic said.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.