Electrical fire extinguished at Charleston Inn and Suites

An electrical fire caused minor damage to a North Charleston inn Sunday afternoon, firefighters said.

A maintenance employee heard an alarm sound in one room at Charleston Inn and Suites, 3680 Dorchester Road, and used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, North Charleston Fire Department spokeswoman Bianca Sancic said.

The flames were contained to an electrical outlet and air conditioning unit in the room, Sancic said.

Firefighters determined that an electrical issue caused the flames to ignite, Sancic said.

Comments { }

Postandcourier.com is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Postandcourier.com does not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not postandcourier.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full Terms and Conditions.