As Boston remains on lockdown while authorities search for the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, local flights into and out of the Massachusetts city are still on schedule, according to a Charleston airport official.
One flight is scheduled to arrive from Boston, Jet Blue flight number 1669, at 12:34 p.m. That flight is scheduled to depart Charleston International Airport today to Boston, JetBlue flight 1670, at 1:10 p.m.
All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning as the search continued after a long night of violence that left another suspect dead.
Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis made the announcement that the entire city should stay indoors at a news conference where Gov. Deval Patrick said the remaining suspect, described as a dangerous terrorist, was still on the loose.
The developments came after the suspects killed an MIT police officer overnight, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt, authorities said as the manhunt intensified.
The suspects were identified to The Associated Press as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars. A law enforcement intelligence bulletin obtained by the AP identified the surviving bomb suspect as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old who had been living in Cambridge, just outside Boston, and said he “may be armed and dangerous.”
Check back on the postandcourier.com for updates.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.