A Walterboro resident lost his home to a fire on Easter morning.
Colleton County Fire and Rescue responded to a report of a fire at 118 David St. in Walterboro about 6:30 a.m. this morning and found the house 70 percent involved in flames, Chief Barry McRoy said.
The fire destroyed most of the brick-veneer house. Nobody was home at the time, he said.
The fire looked suspicious, and the State Law Enforcement Division was called in to investigate, McRoy said.
One man lived in the house, and Lowcountry Red Cross volunteers gave him money to replace food and clothing lost in the fire, as well as comfort kits, according to the agency. Volunteers also lined up temporary housing and gave him referrals to partner agencies.
Notice about comments: