“There will never be a dull night at the ball park this year,” promises Charleston RiverDogs general manager Dave Echols.
The RiverDogs’ 70-game home slate begins April 11 with postgame fireworks and free magnet schedules, and continues all summer with the club’s trademark zany promotions, including 15 fireworks nights.
• April 23 – National Parks Night: Kids can sign up to be Junior Rangers.
• April 28 – Marvelous Mutts: The traveling show makes its Charleston debut during one of five Dog Days at Riley Park.
• May 11 – Replica Jersey Giveaway: Your chance to dress like a RiverDog.
• June 15 – Inflatamaniacs: The popular inflatable crew brings their show to The Joe for the third straight year.
• June 29 – Bill Veeck Bobble-Leg Giveaway: In honor of the father of RiverDogs’ president Mike Veeck, a Hall of Famer who had a wooden leg.
• July 2,3 – Pre-Independence Day Fireworks: Because the RiverDogs are on the road on July 4, two nights of fireworks.
• July 27 – Christmas in July: Santa Claus and members of Salvation Army will be on hand.
• July 28 – Daddy/Daughter Princess Day.
• Weekly promotions: Monday—Dogs with a Cause, $1 Dogs and Beers; Tuesday – Two for $20 Date Night, Healthy Challenge; Wednesday – Senior Wednesday; Thursday – Thirsty Thursdays; Friday: Postgame fireworks, Red Shirt Friday; Saturday – Giveaways, Kids Run the Bases; Sunday – Kids Club Sundays.
• Theme Nights: Dog Days – April 14 and 28, May 13 and 26, June 9; Kids Opening Day – April 14; Youth Baseball and Softball – April 15; Education Day – April 17 and 24; Military Appreciation – April 25, July 13, Aug. 21; Nurses Night – May 9; Boy Scout Night – May 10; Larry Doby Heritage Weekend – June 7-9; Girl Scout Night – June 8; Irish Night – June 30; Firefighter Appreciation – June 5; Big Splash Day – July 31; Emergency Responders – Aug. 14.
• Annual Highlights: May 25 – Rune, Forrest, Run 5K; June 14 – Pro Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame; June 27 – Post and Courier All-Lowcountry Baseball and Softball; June 29 – Kindness Beats Blindness; July 3 – Independence Day Fireworks; July 10-12 – RiverDogs Baseball Camp; Aug. 9 – Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame; Sept. 2 – Fan Appreciation.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.