• The Southern Drag Racing Association will host its 29th annual Car Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Texas Road House/K-Mart parking lot at 8571 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Rain date is Sunday. On hand will be professionally built and maintained racecars and junior dragsters. There will be street, street rod, import, motorcycle, truck and specialty classes. Admission is free; bring the whole family. Proceeds will be donated to Camp Happy Days, “Kids Kickin Cancer.” Non-food vendors who want to participate or donate prizes should contact Linda as soon as possible. For more information, contact Linda Hood at 843-565-4550, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://sites.google.com/site/sdraclub/.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic Drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event will be at 5 p.m. the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• The Spring Warm-Up all-Corvair car show sponsored by Central Carolina CORSA will be held at Sea Mist Resort, 1200 S. Ocean Blvd., in Myrtle Beach. Along with the show, the fest will have a scavenger hunt, valve cover racing, awards dinner, swap meet and car corral. For more information, contact Carol Harris at 2410 Tindal Road, Sumter 29154, 803-795-9434 or email@example.com or Georgia Allsbrook at 803-847-1608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its monthly dinner meeting at Montana’s on Red Bank Road in Goose Creek. There will be a social half hour at 6:30 p.m. with the meeting to start at 7 p.m. All car enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information call Kay at 843-821-3271.
• Street Rods Unlimited will be holding its monthly cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Northern Tool & Equipment, 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. All special interest vehicles are welcome. The cruise-in is held every third Saturday of the month. Contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932 or visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org for more information.
• The Lowcountry Corvair Association will hold its monthly meeting at the Wreckfish Restaurant, 7690 Northwoods Blvd. in North Charleston. The business meeting begins at 1 p.m. preceded by lunch and a social hour at noon. All Corvair owners and enthusiasts are invited. For more information, contact Donn Pittman at 843-849-9007.
• The Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its first car show of the season 6-9 p.m. at O’Reilly Auto Parts at 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $5. Classes include years 1954 and earlier, ’55-’65, ’66-’75 and ’76 to present; Corvairs; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes plus “best in show.” The club will be accepting monetary or nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. In a change from last year, the car show is being held on the third Thursday of the month. For more information call Dennis at 843-200-8077.
• The JBCharleston Car Show will be held at Marrington Plantation on the Charleston Naval Weapons Station. Registration is $10 before the show and $15 the day of the show. Trophies will be awarded. For additional information, contact Jim at 843-963-1942 or email@example.com.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q is hosting an Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant at 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its sixth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all-Corvette Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a new location. The show will take place at the Sears Auto Center parking lot at Citadel Mall in Charleston. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon with awards at 3 p.m. The $25 pre-registration fee is good until March 31. Registration is $30 on show day. Also, the club will be offering a Scored Judged show for an additional $5 fee. There will be eight Corvette classes: 1953-’62, ’63-’67, ’68-’82, ’84-’96, ’97-2000, ’01-’04, ’05-’07 and ’08-present. Additional awards will be for Best of Show, Interior, Engine and Paint. For more information go to www.4cccc.org.
• Trident Technical College’s Department of Automotive Technology will host the 20th annual Spring Spin-Off Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. behind Building 800 on the college’s main campus, 7000 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. The event is free for spectators and open to the community. Along with the car show, there will be food and music. Trophy awards will be presented at the end of the event. To register a vehicle in the show, contact Kathryn Kalameja at 843-574-6115. Pre-registration by April 15 is $20; it’s $25 after that date. On-site registration will be held 10-11:30 a.m. the day of the show. Entries will be capped at the first 250 cars. There is no rain date. Proceeds of the car, truck and motorcycle show benefit the W. Athell Yon Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships to Trident Technical College students pursuing careers in automotive technology. The college offers an Automotive Technology associate degree that prepares students to become technicians, supervisors and managers. Certificates focus on specific automotive areas, including transmission, brakes and alignment, and engine performance and repair. For more information about the show, call Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or visit www.tridenttech.edu.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice about comments: