Charleston and Saint Andrews firefighters extinguished a fire at Joe Pasta overnight.
Firefighters arrived shortly after at the King Street restaurant shortly after midnight and saw smoke coming from the building, Charleston Fire Marshal Mike Julazadeh said. Employees had already evacuated the building, he said.
Crews quickly extinguished the fire, which Julazadeh said was confined to an office on the first floor.
The fire ignited in a clothes dryer, which contained several cleaning rags, he said.
The restaurant will likely remain closed temporarily as the business is cleaned, Julazadeh said.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.