Car Show Calendar
• Lowcountry Mopars will sponsor the 21st annual Lowcountry Shine and Swapp 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson. Anything on wheels is welcome. The car show is free, and donations will be accepted. There will be top 10 trophies, a swap meet and car corral. Showgoers are urged to bring their interesting automobilia to display or sell. For more information contact Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992.
• Cars and Coffee will be held 8-10 a.m. every Saturday at Brookgreen Town Center on Coleman Boulevard in Mount Pleasant. The plaza has a Starbucks, Mozzo Deli and plenty of parking.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor the NSRA Safety Inspection for all vehicles noon to 3 p.m. at 7350 Peppermill Parkway, North Charleston. All are welcome to come. Lunch will be provided by the club. Bring your vehicle and chairs and enjoy the day. For more information contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932.
• NOS Energy Drink’s third annual Import Face-Off will be 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, N.C. The festival includes a car/truck/bike show. Vehicles register 9-11 a.m., judging begins at 10 a.m. and the awards ceremony is at 4:30 p.m. Quarter-mile drag racing registration begins at 9 a.m. with most events in the afternoon. Also planned are a stereo crank it up contest, burnout contest and live DJ. Spectator price is $17 ($15 with a flyer at the gate). Children 10 and under get in free. Participation in the car show, test and tune drag racer and competition drag racer events are $30 apiece. The dragway is at 2153 U.S. Highway 1 in Rockingham. For more information, visit www.importfaceoff.net or www.RockinghamDragway.com or call 225-247-RACE (7223).
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its first Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show of the year 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. Classes include cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. There are three trophies per class. The shows are held the first Wednesday of the month. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The Spring Warm-Up all-Corvair car show sponsored by Central Carolina CORSA will be held at Sea Mist Resort, 1200 S. Ocean Blvd., in Myrtle Beach. Along with the show, the three-day fest will have a scavenger hunt, valve cover racing, awards dinner, swap meet and car corral. For more information, contact Carol Harris at 2410 Tindal Road, Sumter SC 29154, 803-795-9434 or email@example.com or Georgia AIlsbrook at 803-847-1608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Southern Drag Racing Association will host its 29th annual Car Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Texas Road House/K-Mart parking lot at 8571 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Rain date is March 10. On hand will be professionally built and maintained racecars and junior dragsters. There will be street, street rods, imports, motorcycles, trucks and specialty classes. Admission is free; bring the whole family. Proceeds will be donated to Camp Happy Days, “Kids Kickin Cancer.” Non-food vendors who want to participate or donate prizes should contact Linda as soon as possible. Association members will take part in a car show preview at Hooters Restaurant in North Charleston 7-10 p.m. on March 8. For more information, contact Linda Hood at 843-565-4550, email@example.com or https://sites.google.com/site/sdraclub/.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic Drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event will be at 5 p.m the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited will hold its monthly cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Northern Tool & Equipment, 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. All special interest vehicles are welcome. The cruise-in is held every third Saturday of the month. Contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932 or visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org for more information.
• The JBCharleston Car Show will be held at Marrington Plantation on the Charleston Naval Weapons Station. Registration is $10 before the show and $15 the day of the show. Trophies will be awarded. For additional information, contact Jim at 843-963-1942 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its sixth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all-Corvette Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a new location. The show will take place at the Sears Auto Center parking at Citadel Mall in Charleston. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon with awards at 3 p.m. The $25 pre-registration fee is good until March 31. Registration is $30 on show day. Also, the club will be offering a Scored Judged show for an additional $5 fee. There will be eight Corvette classes: 1953-’62, ’63-’67, ’68-’82, ’84-’96, ’97-2000, ’01-’04, ’05-’07 and ’08-present. Additional awards will be for Best of Show, Interior, Engine and Paint. For more information go to www.4cccc.org
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.