Crews secured a minor gas leak at Cane Bay High School this morning.
A faint gas smell was detected in one of the school’s hallways shortly after 10 a.m., Berkeley County School District spokeswoman Susan Haire said.
S.C. Electric & Gas crews, firefighters and the district’s maintenance department repaired a faulty valve, which was determined to be the source of the leak, Haire said.
Crews inspected the school and no other gas leaks have been found, Haire said.
Students in that hallway were moved temporarily to the school’s auditorium, Haire said. Those students are now back in class, she said.
The school used a call-out system to notify parents and to let them know that students are safe, Haire said.
See news happening in your neighborhood? Send us your news tips, photos and videos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (843) 937-5581.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.