• Cars and Coffee will be held 8-10 a.m. every Saturday at Brookgreen Town Center on Coleman Boulevard in Mount Pleasant. The plaza has a Starbucks, Mozzo Deli and plenty of parking.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize and the club meeting to follow at 3 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 5264 International Blvd. (near Tanger Outlet) in North Charleston. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• Twizted Intentions car club is holding a benefit show 11 a.m.-3 p.m. to raise funds for a club member with a family of five children who lost their home in a fire Jan. 26. The show will be at O’Reilly auto parts at 205 Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek (cash or gift cards appreciated). For more information, call Rodney at 843-864-1861.
• Street Rods Unlimited Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic Drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event will be held at 5 p.m. the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Sports Car Club of America, South Carolina region, will be hosting a Novice School/-AutoX (Autocross) 7 a.m.-5 p.m. at Stratford High School, 951 Crowfield Blvd. in Goose Creek. The novice school will instruct first-time and new drivers in autocross, also known as solo, which typically involves racing against the clock through a series of cones set up in a parking lot or other open space. For more information, visit www.scsportscar.com.
• Rob Hanson, president of Deep South Mopars S.C. “Low Country” chapter and member of two other local car clubs, is inviting presidents or representatives of all area car, truck and motorcycle clubs to a meeting to gauge interest in forming a local car-automotive club council. The gathering will be at 6 p.m. at Sonic Drive-In, 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek, Hanson said in talking with several other area club presidents, the idea for starting a council for the Charleston and surrounding Low Country areas has been brought up. The get-together would be to see if a council was something that clubs wanted to participate in and any ideas they might have. For more information, email Hanson at email@example.com.
• Street Rods Unlimited will be holding its monthly cruise-in at Northern Tool & Equipment at 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston starting at 5 p.m. All special interest vehicles are welcome. The cruise-in is held every third Saturday of the month. Contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932 or visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org for more information.
• Lowcountry Mopars will sponsor the 21st annual Lowcountry Shine and Swapp 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson. Anything on wheels is welcome. The car show is free, and donations will be accepted. There will be top 10 trophies, a swap meet and car corral. Showgoers are urged to bring their interesting automobilia to display or sell. For more information contact Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992.
• NOS Energy Drink’s third annual Import Face-Off is scheduled at Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, N.C. Past fests have included an import car show, sound off and race. Imports, domestics, lowriders, trucks and sport bikes have participated. The dragway is at 2153 U.S. Highway 1 in Rockingham. For more information, visit www.importfaceoff.net or call 225-247-RACE (7223).
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its first Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show of the year 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. Classes include cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. There are three trophies per class. The shows are held the first Wednesday of the month. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The Southern Drag Racing Association will host its 29th annual Car Show 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. at the Texas Road House/K-Mart parking lot at 8571 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Rain date is March 10. On hand will be professionally built and maintained racecars and junior dragsters. There will be street, street rods, imports, motorcycles, trucks and specialty classes. Admission is free; bring the whole family. Proceeds will be donated to Camp Happy Days, “Kids Kickin Cancer.” Non-food vendors who want to participate or donate prizes should contact Linda as soon as possible. Association members will take part in a car show preview at Hooters Restaurant in North Charleston 7-10 p.m. on March 8. For more information, contact Linda Hood at 843-565-4550, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://sites.google.com/site/sdraclub/.
• The JBCharleston Car Show will be held in Marrington Plantation at the Charleston Naval Weapons Station. Registration is $10 before the show and $15 the day of the show. Trophies will be awarded. For information, contact Jim at 843-963-1942 or email@example.com.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its sixth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all-Corvette Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a new location. The show will take place at the Sears Auto Center parking at Citadel Mall in Charleston. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon with awards at 3 p.m. The $25 pre-registration fee is good until March 31. Registration is $30 on show day. Also, the club will be offering a Scored Judged show for an additional $5 fee. There will be eight Corvette classes: 1953-’62, ’63-’67, ’68-’82, ’84-’96, ’97-2000, ’01-’04, ’05-’07 and ’08-present. Additional awards will be for Best of Show, Interior, Engine and Paint. For more information go to www.4cccc.org.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice about comments: