• Cars and Coffee will be held 8-10 a.m. every Saturday at Brookgreen Town Center on Coleman Boulevard in Mount Pleasant. The plaza has a Starbucks, Mozzo Deli and plenty of parking.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize and the club meeting to follow at 3 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 5264 International Blvd. (near Tanger Outlet) in North Charleston. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club’s website www.4cccc.org
• Street Rods Unlimited, Inc. (SRU) will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic Drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event will be held 5:00 p.m the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation, all special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited will be holding its monthly cruise-in at Northern Tool & Equipment at 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston starting at 5 p.m. All special interest vehicles are welcome. The cruise-in is held every third Saturday of the month. Contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932 or visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org for more information.
• Lowcountry Mopars will sponsor the 21st annual Lowcountry Shine and Swapp 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson. Anything on wheels is welcome. The car show is free, and donations will be accepted. There will be top 10 trophies, a swap meet and car corral. Showgoers are urged to bring their interesting automobilia to display or sell. For more information contact Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992.
• NOS Energy Drink’s third annual Import Face-Off is scheduled at Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, N.C. Past fests have included an import car show, sound off and race. Imports, domestics, lowriders, trucks and sport bikes have participated. The dragway is at 2153 U.S. Highway 1 in Rockingham. For more information, visit www.importfaceoff.net or call 225-247-RACE (7223).
• The Southern Drag Racing Association will host its 29th annual Car Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Texas Road House/K-Mart parking lot at 8571 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Rain date is March 10. On hand will be professionally built and maintained racecars and junior dragsters. There will be Street, Street Rods, Imports, Motorcycles, Trucks and Specialty classes. Admission is free; bring the whole family. Proceeds will be donated to Camp Happy Days, “Kids Kickin Cancer.” Non-food vendors who want to participate or donate prizes should contact Linda as soon as possible. Association members will take part in a car show preview at Hooters Restaurant in North Charleston 7-10 p.m. on March 8. For more information, contact Linda Hood at 843-565-4550, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://sites.google.com/site/sdraclub/.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its sixth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all-Corvette Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a new location. The show will take place at the Sears Auto Center parking lot at Citadel Mall in Charleston. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon with awards at 3 p.m. The $25 pre-registration fee is good until March 31. Registration is $30 on show day. Also, the club will be offering a Scored Judged show for an additional $5 fee. There will be eight Corvette classes: 1953-’62, ’63-’67, ’68-’82, ’84-’96, ’97-2000, ’01-’04, ’05-’07 and ’08-present. Additional awards will be for Best of Show, Interior, Engine and Paint. For more information go to www.4cccc.org.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.