Firefighters extinguish flames at East Bay home
Charleston firefighters put out flames at a home on East Bay Street this morning.
The fire started in a bathroom at 617 East Bay Street, Charleston Fire Marshal Mike Julazadeh said.
A ceiling exhausted fan may have malfunctioned, causing fire and smoke damage, Julazadeh said.
One family was displaced because of the fire and Julazadeh said the Housing Authority and Red Cross were notified.
Firefighters returned to the home later in the morning after smoke from smoldering debris was found in the attic, Julazadeh said.
Traffic was blocked for a brief period of time as firefighters cleared the scene, but all roads have since reopened, Julazadeh said.
See news happening in your neighborhood? Send us your news tips, photos and videos by email to email@example.com or call (843) 937-5581.