Clemson QB Tajh Boyd says his decision to stay or go will be made Wednesday
DURHAM, N.C. - The fate of Clemson’s 2013 football season could be decided on Wednesday afternoon. That’s when Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd says he’ll have made a decision on whether he’ll return for his senior season or go to the NFL.
Tweeted Boyd on Tuesday night:
“Decision will be made by 2:30 tomo been an unbelievable year clemson and just appreciate all the love and support this season 4:16”
The ACC Player of the Year is coming of his second straight 3,000-yard passing campaign and an impressive bowl performance against LSU. He’s broken a number of career and single-season passing marks at Clemson.
Boyd told the Post and Courier he would not leave Clemson unless he was a “top-tier” pick. Boyd’s father, Tim Boyd, told The Post and Courier last week his son will likely return to Clemson but that nothing has been decided. Tim Boyd’s position has been Tajh is best served by returning for his senior year, though he also noted his son’s draft stock has increased.
Boyd was once projected as a late-round prospect, but Tim Boyd said Tajh has been told he is now a third-round prospect.