North Charleston fire displaces family of five
A North Charleston family of five was displaced from their home this morning after their heating and air-conditioning unit caught fire.
The North Charleston Fire Department got the call to 1609 Larry St. at 9 a.m. The damage was confined to the heating and air-conditioning unit, but gas and electricity to the house were cut off, Fire Marshal Cindy Killette said.
Red Cross volunteers provided the family with temporary housing and comfort kits. The Red Cross relies on donations to help fire victims.