North Charleston firefighters extinguished a small apartment fire on Hunterís Ridge Lane Wednesday morning.
No smoke was showing from the apartment building when firefighters arrived shortly before 8 a.m., North Charleston Fire Department spokeswoman Bianca Sancic said.
The fire caused a small amount of damage to a closet inside the residence, Sancic said.
Crews determined an electrical short caused the flames to break out, Sancic said.
Firefighters helped the resident clear the smoke from the home, Sancic said.
No one was injured in the fire, Sancic said.