Baseball America’s offseason update of the New York Yankees’ top prospects has more elite Charleston influence than any such previous list.
Eight of the players in the Top 10 have played for the RiverDogs of the low Class A South Atlantic League, including five members of Charleston’s 2012 team.
That’s not surprising: Charleston’s talent was so good last season, many considered the RiverDogs the best-stocked team in minor league baseball.
Right-handed pitcher Ty Hensley, the Yankees’ first-round draft pick last June, likely will play for the 2013 RiverDogs.
TOP PROSPECTS (Years with R’Dogs):
1. Mason Williams, CF (2012)
2. Slade Heathcott, OF (2011)
3. Gary Sanchez, C (2011-12)
4. Tyler Austin, OF (2012)
5. Jose Campos, RHP (2012)
6. Brett Marshall, RHP (2009-10)
7. Angelo Gumbs, 2B (2012)
8. Manny Banuelos, LHP (2009)
9. Ty Hensley, RHP (ETA 2013)
10. Rafael DePaula, RHP (ETA 2013)
Follow Gene Sapakoff on Twitter @sapakoff
Notice about comments: