Smoke in the hallway of a North Charleston school forced out students and brought out fire trucks today.
The North Charleston Fire Department was called to Burns Elementary School on Dorchester Road a little before 1 p.m., fire department spokeswoman Bianca Sancic said.
The smoke was caused by an electrical short in a heating unit.
The problem was solved by cutting the power to the unit, she said.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.