Two people were injured after a small fire broke out in a school district building in North Charleston this morning. Employees who were attending a Veterans Day breakfast at the districtís operations building on 3999 Bridgeview Drive were evacuated around 8:30 a.m., according to district spokesman Jason Sakran.
Firefighters quickly put out the fire, that started when a propane tank caught fire, but two school district employees were injured and taken to the hospital, Sakran said.
Both employees were released from the hospital and likely will return to work this week, pending doctorsí approval, according to Sakran.
The fire remains under investigation.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.