Trash fire draws firefighters to King Street
A trash fire between buildings brought out firefighters and closed down a section of King Street today.
Firefighters got the call to 418 King St. at 4:17 p.m., Charleston Fire Department spokesman Mark Ruppel said. Some trash was on fire, apparently started by a dropped cigarette, and was quickly doused.
Some smoke got into a nearby apartment but was cleared out with a fan, he said. No damage was reported.
Police closed a block of King Street to traffic while firefighters were on scene.