Car Show Calendar
• The Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its monthly car show 6-9 p.m. at O’Reilly Auto Parts at 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $5. Classes include years 1955 and earlier, 1956-65, 1966-75 and 1976 to present; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes plus best in show. The club will be accepting monetary or nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. For more information call Dennis at 843-200-8077.
• Lowcountry Muscle Car Club and High Horsepower Performance Carolina are sponsoring a “Drag Day” 5-9 p.m. at Bowman’s Dragway, aka Dwayne’s World Fast Track, at 384 Berrywood Road in Orangeburg. The gathering is open to all Car Guys and Gals, including people who just want to watch. This is a rain or shine event, so if there’s lousy weather, the club will try to keep everyone informed via its website or the Lowcountry Muscle Car Club page on Facebook. Registration is $25 per car and driver. Adult spectators get in for $5, and kids are free. For more information, visit the LCMCC website at http://lowcountrymusclecar.atspace.com and click on events or go to the club’s Facebook page.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. Classes are cars for years 1942 and earlier,1943-59, 1960-71 and 1972 to present; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. There are three trophies per class. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The monthly meeting of the Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will take place at the Holiday Inn at 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. (U.S. Highway 17) in Mount Pleasant. It will start at 2:30 p.m. to socialize, with the club meeting to follow at 3 p.m. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend.
• The Lowcountry “A’s” Model A Ford Club will celebrate National Car Collector Appreciation Day from 9 a.m. to noon at Brittlebank Park in Charleston. The event, to include food and music, is free. Collectors and spectators are welcome to view the cars. At the conclusion, the vehicle owners will drive around the “perimeter of Charleston” to enjoy their rides and the historic city.
• Darby Racing Club will hold its first car, bike and truck/SUV show 5-9 p.m. at Hooters restaurant, 2171 Northwoods Blvd. in North Charleston. Registration is $25 anytime before the show and 5-7 p.m. the day of the event. Admission price is $5 a person. Awards will be given out at 8:30 p.m. for Best Car, Best Motorcycle and Best Truck/SUV. There will also be an award for Best All Around. Judging will be “people’s choice.” For more information, go to https:/www.facebook.com/Darby racing club or contact James Darby at 843-926-6856.
Send car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notices on events in the greater Charleston area will appear, as space allows, in the Saturday Wheels and Waves section. For an expanded list of shows from around the Carolinas, visit www.postandcourier.com.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos to email@example.com or to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403.