Car Show Calendar
• Trident Technical College’s Department of Automotive Technology will host the 20th annual Spring Spin-Off Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. behind Building 800 on the college’s Main Campus, 7000 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. The event is free and open to the community. Cars, trucks and motorcycles can participate. Along with the car show, there will be food, music and drawings. Trophy awards will be presented at 3 p.m. Registration, which is $25, will be 10-11:30 a.m. Entries will be capped at the first 250 cars. Awards include best of show, best engine, best paint, best interior, People’s choice, President’s trophy and Advisory Board trophy. There are three trophies per class including antique, British, Buick-Olds-Pontiac, Camaro and Firebird, Chevy, Corvair, Corvette, Chrysler/Plymouth, Dodge/Desoto, drag car, Ford, import, Miata, motorcycle, Mustang, open, Porsche, pro street (cars and trucks), street rod, truck (’50s and later) and Volkswagen. There is no rain date. Show proceeds benefit the W. Athell Yon Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships to Trident students pursuing careers in automotive technology. The college offers an Automotive Technology associate degree that prepares students to become technicians and supervisors or managers. For more information on the show, call Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or visit www.tridenttech.edu.
• The James Island Christian School Booster Club will host the third annual Lions Car & Bike Show 10 a.m.-2 p.m. All proceeds go to benefit James Island Christian School athletics. All classes of cars and motorcycles are welcome. Registration is $15. Anyone aged 12 and older gets in for $2. Under 12 is free. There will be food, games, a band and door prizes for spectators and car/motorcycle owners alike. The club is also partnering with Pet Helpers, which will have animals for adoption on site. For more information, visit www.jics.org/car or contact Booster Club President Don Sondles at email@example.com.
• Bill Bennett Classic Cars and Colleton County Rice Festival will hold an Open Car and Bike Show noon-3:30 p.m. at Belk’s Shopping Center at 391 Bells Highway in Walterboro. Registration is $20. There will be Top 20 trophies for model years 2012 and earlier, and Best of Show. First 50 cars get festival t-shirts. Motorcycles are welcome. The show supports the VA Victory House. Rain date is Sunday. Sponsors are Gar Linder Motor Sports, Bill Bennett Classic Cars, Medical-Legal Services and Sears. Rice Festival events include a street dance, soap box derby, dog show, world’s largest pot of rice, golf tournament, fireworks, arts, crafts, food and entertainment. For more information, call Linder at 843-908-0514 or Bennett at 843-538-3940.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. Classes are cars for years 1942 and earlier, 1943-59, 1960-71 and 1972-present; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. There are three trophies per class. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• AboveRealityEvents.com is presenting Cinco de Mayo Car Truck and Bike Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at La Hacienda, 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek. Registration is $20. There will be music by DJ Jazzy J. A fiesta will be held after 5 p.m. in La Hacienda. For more information, call 843-864-1861 or go to www.facebook.com/aboverealityevents.
• American Biker is holding its third annual Spring Bash Bike Show at the shop at 679 Treeland Drive in Ladson. Registration, which is $10, ends at noon the day of the show. Classes are antique-classic, bagger, sport, custom, metric and best of show. Judging begins at 3 p.m. and trophies will be awarded at 4 p.m. A party will be held afterward. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-641-0258.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize with the club meeting afterward at 3 p.m. It will be at the Holiday Inn, 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. (U.S. Highway 17) in Mount Pleasant. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club website at www.4cccc.org.
• Walterboro Cruisers will present the fifth annual Veterans’ Victory House Car & Truck Show at 2461 Sidneys Road in Walterboro. Pre-registration until Tuesday is $15, day of show registration 9-11 a.m. is $20. Trophies, to be awarded at 2 p.m., go to the top 50 vehicles as well as for the largest club participating, People’s Choice, Veterans’ Victory House choice and Best in Show. There will be food and music. Proceeds benefit Veterans’ Victory House. For more information, call Ken at 843-908-9839, Barry at 843-562-7292 or Cathy at 843-893-7797 or 843-844-8507; email email@example.com; or visit www.walterborocruisers.net.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present the Car Pro Plaza Open Car, Bike & Truck Show, sponsored by Car Pro Plaza in Summerville. The show will take place 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Registration starts at 10 a.m. at Car Pro Plaza, 103 Old Trolley Road. Registration fee is $10 per vehicle. Thirty trophies will be awarded by class size, and there will be Sponsor’s Choice trophies. Classes will be Corvettes; motorcycles; sport compact; Mustangs; street rods; trucks; and years 1939 and earlier, 1940-62, 1963-71, 1972-89, 1990-2005 and 2006-present. Proceeds will benefit Honor Flight Lowcountry. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• The KMS South Georgia Drift, Drag Race and SPL car show championship series will be held 10 a.m.-11 p.m. at South Georgia Motorsports Park, 2521 Highway 41 N. in Adel, Ga., at exit 32 off Interstate 75. Imports, sport compacts, mini trucks, classic, street rods, muscle cars, trucks and bikes can take part. Events include Dyno Horse Power, Car Show, Car Meet, Sound Off and Glow Off and Swap Meet. General admission is $15 or $10 with coupon. Car show registration is $30 a driver and car meet registration is $20 a driver. The event is part of the KMS Drift Tour that includes South Carolina. Future shows will be Sept. 22 10 a.m.-11 p.m. and Dec. 8 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, visit www.kossmotorsports.com or call Steve at 803-320-3193.
• Darby Racing Club will host its first car, bike and truck/SUV show 5-9 p.m. at Hooters restaurant, 2171 Northwoods Blvd. in North Charleston. Registration is $25 anytime before the show and 5-7 p.m. the day of the event. Admission price is $5 a person. Awards will be given out at 8:30 p.m.for Best Car, Best Motorcycle and Best Truck/SUV. There will also be an award for Best All Around. Judging will be “People’s Choice.” For more information, go to https:/www.facebook.com/Darby racing club or contact James Darby at 843-926-6856.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.