2523 Rutherford Way West Ashley rental condo in new-home village touts perks, location
Not everyone who is looking to rent wants the comparatively tight spaces of an apartment complex or the upkeep, and price, of a single-family home.
A one- or two-floor piece of property leased out by the owner will work just fine for some tenants.
One such case is 2523 Rutherford Way, a condominium off Essex Farms Drive in the sprawling Carolina Bay planned community.
The property is available unfurnished for $1,750 a month. “We can rent it furnished also if need be,” says Patsy Grubbs, property manager with James and Co. Management LLC in Goose Creek. The company is handling the lease.
With the condo being part of Carolina Bay, the tenant can take advantage of neighborhood attractions.
“The community amenity offers a zero-entry swimming pool, covered pavilion, generous sundecks, playground and an outdoor fire pit for your family and friends to gather,” she says.
The condo, meanwhile, comes with a host of upscale features. They include:
• High-end kitchen with granite countertops, recessed lighting, staggered 36- and 42-inch birch flat panel cabinets, double-bowl sink with chrome faucet, large capacity dishwasher, self-cleaning ceramic top range and built-in microwave. Whirlpool and KitchenAid packages are available.
• A “Duet” Whirlpool washer and dryer.
• A “private, plush” owner’s suite with cultured marble soaker tub and separate shower, Grubbs says. The shower has cultured marble walls, chrome surround, and clear glass door, while the raised vanity in the owner’s bathroom contains double-bowl sinks. All baths come with chrome faucets.
• Hall baths feature fiberglass tub-shower combinations. There’s a pedestal sink with oval mirror in the powder room, water-saver toilets and cultured marble vanity countertops in all baths.
• Floors are oak hardwood in the foyer, kitchen and breakfast and dining rooms. Ceramic tile is in the bathrooms and utility room.
The dwelling is Energy Star-rated, meaning it will use less-than-the-normal amount of power. Features are an energy-efficient central heating and air conditioning system with digital thermostat, protective attic and wall insulation, low-energy vinyl windows and tankless gas water heater.
Meanwhile, the condo sports architectural asphalt shingles; screens on all the windows and sliding glass door; a front door gas lantern; and concrete patio, driveway and walkway to the front entrance.
Another plus about 2523 Rutherford Way is its central spot. The property is close to Roper-Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital, Carolina Orthopedic & Pain Center and Charleston ENT Associates. MUSC in downtown Charleston is a few minutes away.
Also nearby are Citadel Mall, boutiques downtown and Tanger Outlets in North Charleston.
“Whatever you do, you’re sure to enjoy yourself here,” Grubbs says.
The condo is off Glenn McConnell Parkway. Heading east, take S.C. Highway 61 past Sam Rittenberg Boulevard. Stay to the left onto Glenn McConnell Parkway. Go about three miles and make a left on Essex Farms Road. Ahead is 2523 Rutherford Way.
For more information, contact James & Co. at 843-851-3711 or 843-851-3511.