Car Show Calendar
• Street Rods Unlimited will be holding its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q, 1602 Savannah Highway in Charleston. Anyone who has a street rod or an interest in street rodding is welcome to attend. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• The Lowcountry Shine and Swapp will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson. Anything on wheels is welcome. The show is free; donations will be accepted. There will be top 10 trophies, swap meet and car corral. Bring your interesting automobilia to display or sell. For more information, contact Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992.
• The third annual Charleston Camaro Meet and Greet will be held 9-11 a.m. at Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park, 71 Harry Hallman Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. This event will be a meet and greet, cruise to lunch, then more cruising. Parking will be in the grass field. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Above Reality Events will be holding its fifth annual show at Cinebarre, 963 Houston Northcutt Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Show registration, which is $20, will start at 10 a.m. Pre-register on line at www.aboverealityevents.com. The show will have more than 30 classes including mini truck, mid size truck, full size truck, off road truck, SUVs, classic truck, Corvettes, Mustangs, Mopar, Volkswagen, Scion, vans, Honda, Chrysler, hot rod, street rod, rat rod, donk, lowrider, lowrider bike, female owned, street bike, cruizer, bagger, Harley, unfinished, luxury, sport compact and a stereo competition by Audio Evolution. There also will be a handful of specialty awards. DJ Jazzy J will provide music. The movie Grease will be showing outdoors after the event. For more information, contact Rodney at 843-864-1861 or via email at email@example.com.
• Street Rods Unlimited will be holding its annual National Street Rod Association (NSRA) Safety Inspection at 7350 Peppermill Parkway, North Charleston starting at 11 a.m. There is no charge for the service provided by NSRA-appointed inspectors. Lunch will be provided. The program is an advisory-type inspection covering 23 items ranging from the lighting system to suspension. It’s designed to bring attention to any possible or potential safety issues that need to be addressed by the vehicle owner, including those that may be overlooked. For more information, visit the group’s website at streetrodsunlimited.org or contact Bob Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize, with the club meeting to follow at 3 p.m. It will take place at the Holiday Inn, 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. (U.S. Highway 17) in Mount Pleasant. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its inaugural Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show of the year 6-9 p.m. at Bessinger’s, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There will be three trophies per class. Categories are cars 1942 and earlier, 1943-59, 1960-71 and 1972-present; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. The shows will be the first Wednesday of the month through November. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The Southern Drag Racing Association will hold its 28th annual Car Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Texas Road House/K-Mart parking lot at 8571 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Vehicles will include race cars, junior dragsters, street cars, street rods, imports and motorcycles. Admission is free. All proceeds will go to Camp Happy Days “Kids Kickin Cancer.” The rain date is March 11. A car show preview by SDRA members will be held at Hooters Restaurant in North Charleston 7-10 p.m. on March 9. For information, contact Linda Hood at 843-565-4550, email@example.com, or https://sites.google.com/site/sdraclub/.
• Koss MotorSports and Tega Cay Lions Club will present the 5th Carolina Motor Madness show 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at Knights Stadium, 2280 Deerfield Drive in Fort Mill. Imports, sport compacts, mini trucks, classic, street rods, muscle cars, trucks and bikes are invited. Car show is $25. True SPL Sound-Off is $20. Sponsors include Koss, KMS Drift, Hooters, Dyno On The Go, Rockauto Performance Auto and Sound Mag and Car Show Nationals. Meanwhile, the 2011 Point Chase awards ceremony will be held during the Motor Madness event. The ceremony was moved from its original time and place do to unforeseen circumstances, according to Koss MotorSports. For more information, contact Steve at 803-320-3193 or visit www.kossmotorsports.com.
• The 24th annual Run to the Sun car show will be held at the old Myrtle Square Mall, 2501 Kings Highway, in Myrtle Beach. The event is hosted by Pee Dee Street Rodders and the city of Myrtle Beach. Show times are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. Pre-registration until March 5 is $35. Mail forms to Pee Dee Street Rodders, 2617 Willow Creek Road, Effingham, S.C. 29541. Registration, which is $40, is 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday. Cars will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday to cruise down Ocean Boulevard. A kickoff party will take place 8-11 p.m. Friday at Celebrity Square, located in Broadway at the Beach. More than 2,750 vehicles took part in the show last year. Awards include Run to the Sun car and truck of the year. Proceeds go to the Children’s Miracle Network and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. For more information, visit www.peedeestreetrodders.com.
• Walterboro Cruisers will host a Cruise-in 6-8 p.m. at Hill Tire, 506 Robertson Blvd. in Walterboro. Cars, trucks and motorcycles can take part. There’s no fee to attend or participate. The events are scheduled for the third Saturday of the month through October. For more information, contact Joe at 843-909-4370 or Barry at 843-562-7292 or visit www.walterborocruisers.net.
• Kiawah Island Motoring Retreat will be held 1:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at Night Heron Park on Kiawah Island. More than 100 collectible automobiles are expected to take part. The event, which is open to the public, will feature antique, exotic and special interest vehicles. There will also be live music. A parade of cars through the main roads of Kiawah will follow the show. Pre-registration is required in order to show vehicles at Cars in the Park. A gala reception will be held Friday 6:30-9:30 pm at the Cassique Clubhouse. Twenty show cars will be displayed, and the net proceeds of this event will be donated to the MUSC Children's Hospital. For more information, visit www.kica.us/motoringretreat.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its fifth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all Corvette show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Tanger Outlet Center parking lot on International Boulevard. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon, with awards at 3 p.m. Pre-registration fee is $25 until March 31 and includes a complimentary Meet & Greet on Friday evening. After March 31, the fee will be $30 until the day of the show. A Scored Judged show is an extra $5. All proceeds will benefit the National Corvette Museum. There will be eight Corvette classes comprised of years 1953-62, 1963-67, 1968-82, 1984-96, 1997-2000, 2001-04, 2005-08 and 2009-present. Additional awards will be given for Best of Show, interior, engine and paint. For more information visit www.4cccc.org.
• Bill Bennett Classic Cars and Colleton County Rice Festival will hold an Open Car and Bike Show noon-3:30 p.m. at Belk’s Shopping Center on S.C. Highway 64. Registration is $20. There will be Top 20 trophies for model years 2012 and earlier. Motorcycles are welcome. The show supports the VA Victory Home. Rain date is Sunday. Sponsors are Gar Linder Motor Sports, Bill Bennett Classic Cars, Medical-Legal Services and Sears. Rice Festival events include a street dance, soap box derby, dog show, world’s largest pot of rice, golf tournament, fireworks, arts, crafts, food and entertainment. For more information, call Linder at 843-908-0514 or Bennett at 843-538-3940.
• Walterboro Cruisers will present the fourth annual Veterans Victory House Nursing Home Open Car & Truck Show. It will take place at 2461 Sidneys Road in Walterboro. Pre-registration until May 1 is $15, day of show registration 9-11 a.m. is $20. Trophies go to the top 50 vehicles. Proceeds benefit the Veterans Victory House. For more information, call Joe at 843-909-4370, Barry at 843-562-7292 or Cathy at 843-893-7797 or 843-844-8507; email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; or visit www.walterborocruisers.net.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.