While working as a youth camp counselor at The Citadel, accused molester Louis "Skip" ReVille reportedly watched pornography and masturbated with two boys under his care, school officials said Saturday.

The Citadel had previously revealed that a camper had accused ReVille of inapropriate behavior, but school officials had refused to provide specifics. A written statement, issued today by Citadel President John Rosa and Doug Snyder, chairman of the school's board of visitors, is the first time those details have been publicly aired.

One of the campers reported the incident to school officials in 2007, five years after it was said to have happened. The camper said the incident occurred in ReVille's room at the camp and that they watched porn on his computer. They did not touch each other, but did masturbate, school officials said.

ReVille strongly denied the allegation, and an internal investigation failed to corroborate the story, according to the written statement.

"A thorough review of Mr. ReVille's records revealed no other complaints, and interviews indicated that he was highly regarded by those at camp," the statement read. "His file included a clean background check conducted by an outside organization."

The school took no action against ReVille and did not report the incident to Charleston police. The camper's family was very concerned about maintaining their privacy and not having their names publicized, Rosa and Synder said.

"Despite the concerns of the family, whose right to privacy was foremost in our minds, we regret that we did not pursue this matter further," the pair stated.

After graduating from The Citadel in 2002, ReVille went on to become a coach and educator who worked with hundreds of kids across the Lowcountry at schools, churches and recreation programs. That ended late last month after his arrest in Mount Pleasant on molestation charges.

So far, the 32-year-old father of triplets is charged with sexually assaulting five boys there. Hanahan police have indicated six more charges are coming involving incidents in their town. North Charleston and Charleston police are also involved in the probe, authorities said.

Investigators say ReVille's targets were adolescent boys between the ages of 13 and 15 roughly the same age range served by The Citadel's summer camp.

The Citadel is cooperating with the police investigations, school officials said.

"The Citadel family is deeply saddened that one of its alumni has committed, by his own admission, acts that betray the principles and values for which the college stands," Rosa and Snyder stated.

The Citadel's statement also pointed out that ReVille's tenure at the camp only briefly overlapped with that of fellow counselor Michael Arpaio, a former Marine captain who molested campers between 1995 and 2001. The Marines court-martialed Arpaio in 2003 and he was sentenced to 15 months in the Charleston Naval Brig.

The Post and Courier filed a Freedom of Information request earlier this week for documents and details on the 2007 incident.

South Carolina Press Association attorney Jay Bender said the records are clearly a matter of public record.

Though the school has now provided details of the incident, it has still not provided any written documentation.

Check back with postandcourier.com for more on this story.