Pencil it in
• Shop local businesses at discount prices and for a good cause during Mackenzie Image Consulting's King Street Shop Walk.
The event, 5-8 p.m. Thursday, will celebrate historic King Street and the local community by offering 5 percent to 25 percent discounts at more than 25 local boutiques with 40 percent of ticket proceeds benefiting the Center for Women.
It begins with registration and a soiree at boutique V2V, 295 King St. For a list of participating boutiques and to purchase tickets, visit kingstreetshopwalk.com. Cost is $15 in advance or $20 at the door.
• Dulles Designs stationery store and interior designer Jane Larkin Miller will host a reception to introduce Mita Corsini Bland of Italy, whose watercolors illustrate the new book "Sister Parish Design on Decorating" by Libby Cameron and Susan Bartlett Crater. The reception will be 5-8 p.m. Wednesday at Dulles Designs, 89 Church St. Bland also will be signing copies of the book.
• The S.C. Corps of Cadets will present its Christmas Candlelight Service for the Lowcountry at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4-6 in Summerall Chapel on The Citadel campus. Cadets from the Protestant, Catholic and gospel choirs, the chorale, the women's ensemble and members of The Citadel Regimental Band will take part in the annual celebration. The hourlong program is free and open to the public. Donations are accepted. Visitors are encouraged to arrive early. For more info: 953-5049.
• Galleries of the French Quarter will open their doors and offer wine, food and art during The Art Walk 5-8 p.m. Dec. 4. The French Quarter is between South Market and Tradd, Meeting and the waterfront. Art Walks are held four times a year and are free and open to the public. For more info: frenchquarterarts.com.
• Hundreds of artisans and master craftsmen will demonstrate and sell their work during the 17th annual Christmas Made in the South at the Exchange Park, U.S. Highway 78, Ladson. Items for sale include pottery, oil lamps, personalized ornaments, jewelry, seasonal decorations for outdoors and painted furniture.
Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 4 and 5, and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 6. Admission is $6 for adults and good for all three days; free for children 12 and under. For more, visit madeinthesouthshows.com, where you'll also find a $1 off coupon, or call 704-847-9480.