North Charleston Police arrested eight people last week in a reverse drug and prostitution sting.
The departmentís SPEED team conducted the sting Friday near the intersection of Remount Road and Hoover Street. Spencer Pryor, police public information officer, said the operation was to address an increase in drug and prostitution activity in the area.
Those charged in the prostitution sting were:
- Patrick Fox, 36, Summerville; loitering for prostitution and possession of marijuana.
- Santiago Garcia, 26, North Charleston; solicitation for prostitution and no drivers license.
- Alfredo Escobar, 33, North Charleston; interfering with police.
- Miguel Ortiz, 24, Hanahan; solicitation for prostitution.
- Tommy Davis, 66, Ladson; solicitation for prostitution.
- Justin Lemon, 21, North Charleston; simple assault and littering
Those charged in the drug sting were:
- Inocenio Vita, 28, North Charleston; purchase of an imitation substance.
- Joel Tracy, 20, North Charleston; interfering with police.
- Justin Lemon, 21, North Charleston; loitering.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.